National Works on Paper
Entries are now closed for the 2014 National Works on Paper, which will be on display 23 May – 20 July 2014.
The Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery’s National Works on Paper was established in 1998 and incorporated the former Spring Festival of Drawing and the Prints Acquisitive which began in 1973. National Works on Paper is one of Australia’s most prestigious awards and acquisitive exhibitions. A biennial exhibition, its role is to support and promote contemporary Australian artists working on or with paper. Recent winners of the National Works on Paper include Laith McGregor, Richard Lewer, Danie Mellor, Gareth Sansom, Paul Boston, Lisa Roet and eX de Medici.
In 2010, Vivien Gaston wrote an essay describing each work in the exhibition. Read it here. (473KB)
The winner of the Beleura House and Garden Major Acquisitive Award receives $15,000. Up to $35,000 is available for acquisitions through the Mornington Peninsula Shire Acquisition Fund; Friends of the MPRG Acquisition Fund and the Ursula Hoff Institute Acquisitive Prize.
- Entries close: 5pm, Friday 14 March 2014
- Notification of selection for exhibition: Friday 4 April 2014
- Official opening and announcement of award and acquisitions: Saturday 24 May 2014
- Exhibition closes: Sunday 20 July 2014
- Return of works: 24 – 25 July 2014
The judging panel for the 2014 National Works on Paper is:
- Jane Alexander, Director, Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery
- Jane Devery, Curator Contemporary Art, National Gallery of Victoria
- Jenepher Duncan, Curator Contemporary Art, Art Gallery of Western Australia
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Acquisitions will be announced at the official opening of the exhibition.