Become a Friend
Join Friends of MPRG and become part of the vibrant cultural life of the Mornington Peninsula. The MPRG relies on your support as a Friend to ensure its vitality and prosperity for everyone, today and in the years ahead. Friends’ memberships support the Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery’s program of exhibitions and acquisitions for the permanent collection. The Friends also support the ongoing development of the Gallery. In return, Friends have the opportunity to take advantage of a wide range of benefits.
• Unlimited free entry to most exhibitions.
• Receive invitations to exhibition openings and enjoy the opportunity to hear and meet guest speakers, artists and curators, make new friends and enjoy wine and canapés.
• Receive regular information about the Gallery’s latest exhibitions and programs and our Friends’ events.
• Attend special talks and tours organised by the Friends for the Friends.
• Receive discounts on most Gallery activities, including lectures, workshops, excursions and master classes.
• Friends-only 10% discount on current MPRG-produced exhibition catalogues as well as discounts with select Mornington Peninsula retailers.
• Enjoy the annual morning tea for new Friends that includes meeting the Gallery staff and exploring behind the scenes.
• Have a say and join the Friends’ Committee, an exciting opportunity to volunteer your time and expertise.
• Most public galleries offer Friends of MPRG reciprocal discounts on entry fees and select merchandise.
Membership terms and conditions are subject to change. Concession entrance charges apply to some special exhibitions
To join, download the Friends of MPRG membership registration form below and return with your payment by post or visit the Gallery. For further membership information phone (03) 5950 1580 or email email@example.com
Download the Friends of MPRG membership registration form(PDF, 2MB)
History of the Friends of the MPRG
Largely due to the vision and efforts of the late Alan McCulloch, the Mornington Peninsula Arts Centre was opened in April 1971 in an old house at 4 Vancouver St Mornington, opposite the present shire offices.
At the same time, a support group “Mornington Peninsula Arts Gallery Society” was established. Its aim was to encourage and stimulate public interest in and appreciation of all aspects of the arts and to support and promote the Gallery.
The refurbished house quickly proved to be inadequate and the present Gallery was built on the Civic Reserve and opened on the 17 November 1990.
On the 18 June 1993, the society was incorporated as the “Friends of the Mornington Peninsula Arts Centre” and in 1995 following the rationalisation of Councils, updated its name to “Friends of the Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery”.
The Friends of Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery Inc (FMPRG) is an incorporated association that provides support towards the MPRG’s exhibitions as well as acquisitions for its significant Permanent Collection. Through its activities the FMPRG annually donates $40,000 to our Gallery.
PATRONS OF THE FRIENDS
Barry Humphries, AO CBE, Susan McCulloch, OAM
FRIENDS COMMITTEE & EXECUTIVE
President: Sandra Oluich, Vice President: Jill Falla, Treasurer: George Oluich, Secretary: Virginia Staggs, Membership Secretary: Kimberley Turner, Committee Members: Denise Hassett, Siobhan Kelley, Margaret McGregor, Kerry McLaughlin, Kenneth Parker, Liz Taralaikov, Co-opted Committee Members: Val de Lange, Beverley Mattingley, Anne Hudson, Alison Norman
Image: Artist Unknown, Schnapper Point, Mornington, Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery